HQM or FHL Ride and HIG
Distance: 80 to 200km+,
- Winter 7am
- Summer 6.30am
- (downtown meeting point at fuxing park half hour before hqm start)
- Check wechat “Serious” group for updates.
http://j.map.baidu.com/uf7Fm outside Hongchao Marriott Hotel (HQM
From John: “We are suggesting a new group at HQM for riders who wanna do the drinkstand ride at a steady, constant and strong pace.
Every Saturday 630am sharp
– No attacks, no racing mode and no increasing speed allowed.
– Cruising speed should be 30-32kph.
(e.g. Fast group is 35-40kph)
– No beginners
– Able to ride 100km at the mentioned pace. Intermediate does not mean slow.
– Group riding skills: two lines formation, pointing/shouting at hazards, stopping at redlights, no aerobars.
– Having a basic knowledge of the course: HQM-Huqingping-Outlet-Sheshan-Drinkstand
– Coming self-sufficient, spare tire, pump, tool…
– Since a lot of riders show up at the start, please identify yourself to others before starting in order not to jump in the wrong/fast group. Best would be in this wechat group beforehand.
– If the group grows fast, we can consider to do some other routes.
Adding Rita and Philippe who mastered the PIG in Pudong: Pudong Intermediate Group”.
- Return as came – what most people do – 100km total.
- Return via Songzi; nicer road and about 110km total back to downtown.
- Return via Peters Tianma: nice Tiama extension for total of about 110km.
- Return by canals (very nice canals)
- Return by the lake
Above rides between 140km and 200km. Flat. Roads ok but sometimes areas under construction. Pace normally 30kmh average post drink stand with some faster intervals.
See JoeM’s full list
See JohnW’s HQM Intro
Some Random Images
To the Trinkstand:
Around the Canals (Trinnkstand extension)
Around the Lake (Trinkstand extension)
There are always dangers.
- Be very careful of green construction / earth trucks and other vichels.
- People will walk into you, cyclists will crash into you, dogs will run out and chase you.
- Be careful of the white lines on the road while wet.
- Be careful of expanders on the road mostly on bridges.
- Always assume nothing is safe and stay vigilant.
BE CAREFUL OF THE CENTRAL EXPANDER ON THE BRIDGE JUST BEFORE THE TRINKSTAND!!!!!!!! MANY BAD CRASHES THERE.